Tuesday, December 11, 2007

DG.12.09

Big weekend at BAF, with The MoB reaching a bunch of new men. We had signup sheets in the church bulletin and ended up with around 75 people completing them. Check the MoB web site for more details, and to sign up on the newsletter if you haven't already.

DG.12.09.07 was great -- a bit windy, but fun. Last time for Paul, who is hitting the road and part of his military tour of America. Godspeed, Paul. He and I commiserated about the difficulties in trying to adopt from the foster-care system in America. You'd think it'd be a lot easier. It's not. If you have a heart like Paul's, or Paul's friend Brandon, then it breaks when you are sitting, waiting, wishing.

In addition to Paul and I, we had Aaron and Mike, our newbie de jour and who took his first par on his 11th hole. I probably disc golfed 11 times (for a full 18 each time) before I had a par. I guess that just means our group teaches well? I don't know, but we aren't inviting Mike back until he vows to play worse.

Good times. Largely because Bruce wasn't around, I took the solid gold, room-sized imaginary trophy home. Woohoo!

Videos from today (from my phone):





















No comments: