Tuesday, August 19, 2008

What's in my Bag #3

Here's what is in my bag right now.

Distance Drivers
Star Destroyer (175g) - Gone. Lost in West Guth's pond. I tried to find it for 45 minutes. :-). Someday I might go back, but it's so much like the Wraith that I'm sticking with my Pro Wraiths right now because I like the Pro plastic.

Pro Wraith (174g, 175g) - Now my main driver, and bought a new Pro Wraith (with a great dye job, my first). The second one is 175g, which is my preferred throwing weight. Don't see ever getting out of this disc.

Star Monster (175g) - Getting happier with the Monster. The Firebird I had, I lost (threw it, threw my approach, walked away! Ugh!!!). I think I like the Pro plastic better -- the Star plastic is very grippy (at least this time of year, with high humidity). Unfortunately, I have mostly Star plastic. I'll probably get used to it, like I did this disc.

Champion Beast (172g) - Still in my bag, but I haven't used it during a round for a long time. Just use it when practicing in a field. I have decided that the plastic is okay during this time of year, when the Star stuff is too sticky. If Innova keeps making the Pro discs (heard a rumor the manufacturer no longer makes the plastic for "Pro"), then I'll keep buying them.

Star Roadrunner
(175g). This is a good long range roller and specialty disc. I tend to turn it over too much. I just can't get out of the habit of putting a wing up for the sweeping annies and I end up rolling it a bunch. Once it stops raining here, I'm going to spend a lot of time learning to throw this one flat so it does it's proper job.

Pro Firebird (175g) Lost. R.I.P.

Fairway Drivers

DX Banshee (175g) - Still like this disc, the unlikeliest of discs. I don't know if it's just this one Banshee but I defy you to throw it straight. It's even well-beat. It's a good short-range hyzer disc and I have several holes it's perfect for.

DX Teebird (170g): Just bought it but haven't used it. Will buy a Star copy if I like it. Bought Star copy (not available in Pro). GREAT short-range driver. Bought a 175g. The DX is already pretty beat up, so I'll probably retire it to the "for newbie friends" pile. We'll see. Might keep it for a understable short-range driver.

Mid-range
Star Cobra (180g) - Bought a CFR online ($23!!!). But, it's a great disc. Keeping the DX in my bag to try to learn a left-leaning roller (might find that the Roadrunner works better, though). Love this disc in both DX & Star.

Star Shark (175g) - Okay, figured it out. I've quickly added a very good short-range forehand game. I used to be backhand from about 200 ft in just because of control. But in one day I figured out the control forehand shot and can throw the Shark or Cobra very, very accurately. I also can throw my putters almost anywhere I want now too (okay, I still miff a lot, but when I get more consistent). Very happy with the Shark now.

DX Skeeter (174g): Read what I wrote in my WIMB #2 entry about the Skeeter. Turns out, I hate it. Flippy, flippy. Probably great for a beginner without power. I can't throw it at all. No longer in bag.

Putt & Approach
Aviar P&A (175g) - Used to have two in my bag, but the Shark/Cobra combo removes the need for the newer putter. Now I just have the beat up Peach putter.

No comments: