Friday, September 7, 2007

F.ellowship o.f L.ord F.ollowers

F.ellowship o.f L.ord F.ollowers: Okay, what is this, besides a poor stretch at building an acronym? This is me, Hans, trying to find a way to get God involved in my whole life, excluding nothing, but also not excluding me having a life. What I mean is, I'm a changed person, but I still like to recreate and compete.

So, when Pastor Bil said, "men: lead!" I said, okay, okay. What can I lead? What would a Men's Group Hans is leading look like? Well, I am not much for hanging around the living room. I play guitar, but don't know all the words to Kumbaya. But, I do like sports; more the do-sports than the watch-sports, though. I thought, well, there are guys who are Christians who like to compete, but do they have places they can compete with other Christians? Somewhere they can go to compete and recreate at the same time as they hang with other Christian guys? We'll talk God, we'll talk BAF. We'll pray when we start and when we finish. We'll compete for an imaginary weekly championship. Each meeting we won't be embarrassed about competing and after the round we'll be closer friends or ever more bitter rivals.

The beauty of it, in my opinion, is that we can worship God with our recreation and include him in another part of our life. Hopefully committing to God in this form will encourage us to remember Him at all times, and worship Him and glorify Him at all times. I don't think God wants the remainder of our day, I believe He wants us all day. This should supplement daily time with Him in prayer or reading His Bible, but not replace it.

"For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them." - Matthew 18:20 (that "I" is Jesus)

No comments: